Meth Nicknames and Street Names
The unique way that methamphetamine is created and cooked up in meth labs across the country has created a litany of nicknames and street names for undercover reference to the drug.
Here you will find a number of terms used to describe not just methamphetamine but the combination of meth with other drugs as well as terms commonly used in relation to meth use and abuse.
- Crystal, Crystal Glass, Crystal Meth, Meth, Christina, Tina, Cris, Cristy
- Geep, Geeter, Getgo, Go Fast
- Poor Man’s Coke, Redneck Cocaine, Working Man’s Cocaine
- Trash, Garbage, Wash
Hanyak, Hironpon, Hiropon, Hot Ice, Cristy, Batu, Kaksonjae, LA Glass, LA Ice, Quartz, and Super Ice are all terms that refer to smokable methamphetamine, and methamphetamine that looks like crack is called Mexican Crack. Due to the different ways and ingredients that can be used to make the drug, methamphetamine of different colors goes by different names as well. For example, Soap Dope has a pink tint to it while Sparkle is shiny. Lemon Drop has a yellowish tint, and green methamphetamine made using Drano crystals is called Holiday Meth or Christmas Tree Meth.
Most who use methamphetamine regularly don’t often combine the drug with other substances. However, there are a few terms that describe some of the more common combinations that some create to enhance methamphetamine use and abuse.
- Biker Coffee – Coffee and methamphetamine
- Croak, Shabu – Cocaine and methamphetamine
- Hugs and Kisses, P and P, Party and Play – MDMA and methamphetamine
- Mexican Speed Balls, Twisters, Fire – Crack and methamphetamine
- The Five Way – Methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine, Rohypnol and alcohol
Terms for Use and Abuse
Someone who is addicted to methamphetamine is relatively easy to spot, as are the labs where the drug is created. A number of terms have popped up that describe the different ways the drug is used, where it’s made and the people who use it. These include:
- Bathtub Crank – Low quality methamphetamine
- Hot Rolling – Liquefying methamphetamine to inhale it using an eye dropper
- Hot Railing – Heating methamphetamine to inhale the vapor through a tube
- Lithium Scabs – Open sores due to methamphetamine abuse
- Meth Monster – A person who reacts badly to methamphetamine use
- Speed Freak, Tweaker, Meth Head – Person who is addicted to methamphetamine
- Getting Glassed – To snort methamphetamine
- Box Labs – Small labs used to produce methamphetamine that are easily moved
Methamphetamine Addiction Treatment at The Canyon
Staying awake for days at a time as well as the inability to eat can wreak havoc on a methamphetamine addict’s mind and body. Something called “speed psychosis” is common among those who use the drug for any length of time, characterized by intense paranoia. The Canyon is uniquely equipped to help those addicted to the drug. As a dual diagnosis drug rehab facility, The Canyon’s staff is made up of psychiatrists, psychologists, and substance abuse treatment specialists all of whom specialize in the simultaneous treatment of drug addiction and psychological disorders.
If you have questions about crystal meth addiction or how The Canyon treats the disease, contact us today at .